What to expect at stratapointe:
• Dynamic work environment
• Access to varied technologies with hands-on opportunities
• Emphasis on continued learning and training
• Supportive team structure
Tier One Service Desk Technician
The Strata Pointe Technologies Service Desk provides a central point of contact for enterprise-class IT service and support as well as outage notifications and information dissemination 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
The Service Desk Technicians field all Help Desk calls and create the initial record of the request. They resolve all Tier One end-user problems over the phone and escalate all Tier Two and above requests on to the appropriate service group to handle.
Under general supervision, each Service Desk Technician provides technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to computer and email users by performing question and problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by- step solutions in a call center environment. Service Desk Technicians clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner, provide one-on-one end-user training as needed, assist Network Technicians and pass more complex end-user problems on to Tier Two. Some onsite client visits may be required.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
• Identifies, diagnoses and resolves Tier One issues for users of systems and applications, personal computer software and hardware, printers, local network, the internet, and new computer technology in a call center environment; communicates solutions to end-users.
• Provides one-on-one end-user First Call Resolution over the phone
• Respond to client cases and field inquiries in a timely and effective manner by providing answers to known questions and reproducing straightforward technical problems
• Logs and tracks inquiries using a problem management database and maintains history records and related problem documentation
• Be an advocate for providing satisfaction to clients by maintaining a proactive approach to managing and maintain reliable infrastructure
• Update Client Network Documentation
• Perform configuration, installation and monitoring duties
• Routinely moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
• Perform other work related responsibilities and special projects as assigned
• Onsite client visits may include installing equipment in a variety of situations and locations
• While working at the service desk, must be able to remain in at position during entire shift, breaks are proivded
• Experience with solving computer related problems
• Hands on experience with Windows XP/7/8, Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP and Microsoft Office Suite
• Familiarity with most of the following products: Windows Servers 2003 & 2008, Microsoft Exchange, Windows XP/Vista/7, Android/iPhone/iPad, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Remote support best practices
• Knowledge of internal operating system technology, computer operations, hardware, network management software, concepts, and troubleshooting techniques
• Excellent Customer Service skills
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• One or more years of technical training in computer support
• One or more years of technical or customer support experience
• A+ certification and additional Microsoft certifications a plus
• Regular and reliable attendance is required
• Must be able to travel to client locations
• A background check and drug test are required
• Experience in system configuration
• Working knowledge of technology architecture and networking concepts
• Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Must have excellent phone etiquette and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and work effectively individually and in a team environment
• Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Documentation skills
• Acute attention-to-detail
• Eager to learn new technologies and concepts
• Must be self-motivated to bring issues to closure
Part Time Shifts
8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. or 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. or 3:30-8:30
Candidates must be flexible with their shift requirements. Work schedules will change periodically.
Interested? Send resume to email@example.com